Pantego Historical Museum
Our Town…Pantego on the Creek
The building shown on the left below is the office of George Du Pont Old, a lumberman who was the first president of the Pantego Male and Female Academy. He was an Agent for the Pantego Albemarle Swamp Land Company and a very active citizen of Pantego. The building dates about 1870.
The old Pantego Jail shown on the right was built around 1880. Formerly located along the creek, it was moved to the museum complex in 2007. It has been restored and is now being furnished. It also served as Town Hall in early days